I've attempted writing a blog before, and my whole-hearted, dive-right-in-headfirst attempts fizzled out. But I always come back to the idea, the desire to write and express, and hopefully encourage and, dare I say, entertain others.
So, who am I? If you want the basics, read my short blog description. That's me in a nutshell. But who am I really? According to Briggs Myers, I am an ESFJ personality. Too clinical? Okay, I'm an Extroverted, Feeling, Sensing, Judging person. Yeah, I'm even reading that thinking "blah, blah, blah". You know what? I like lists. Lists help me keep things neat and tidy in my mind. Little bullet points of order. Here's me in list format:
I'm a Christian. That's first and foremost. I believe I'm a sinner and that Christ died for my sins and rose again, and that He is coming back one day. Most of my friends and people I come in contact with regularly have the same beliefs; some don't. And that's okay. Don't hate on me for professing my beliefs and I won't hate on you for professing yours. Bottom line is that we ALL think we're right in this area, and more than likely none of us are going to be able to change the minds of others with strong beliefs.
I'm a wife. I love my husband. I love being a wife. Next year marks 25 years. Yikes! I've been married more than half my life!
I'm a mom. I'm not a Mother, or a Mommy Dearest, or a crunchy-granola-suburbanite mommy. Just a mom. I adore my boys, but they do not run my life. Well, maybe they do. A little bit. Okay, maybe a lot. Yes, they are 13 years apart, and yes, they both have the same dad. The oldest one is in college, is studying music technology, and has been playing drums passionately since the age of four. The younger one is in 1st grade, and we're hoping he'll learn to tie his shoes soon.
I love being crafty. I scrapbook whenever the opportunity arises. I enjoy creating things. What I'm not good at is coming up with my own ideas. Enter Pinterest!!
Following along the above point, I may be slightly addicted to Facebook and Pinterest. Especially Pinterest. Pinterest allows me to hoard without the clutter in my house. My pin board is basically a bunch of neatly organized lists of things I like! Did I mention I like lists? And, I have actually tried a lot of the crafts and recipes I have pinned!
I'm an extrovert. That part of the personality quiz mentioned above is dead-on. I love to be in a crowd, to be the center of attention, to feel like I belong. I adore hosting parties and having people over!
Okay, so that may be a bit over-simplified, but hopefully you get the idea. And more than likely, you will see these things most often in my blog posts, because these are the things I know. I'm not going to bullshit my way through a post about a topic about which I have no knowledge. That would be just...well...stupid.
I hope you enjoy my ramblings! I welcome and encourage any comments!


No comments:
Post a Comment